Wednesday, November 3, 2010

39 Steps

39 Steps is play based off of Alfred Hitchcock's 1935 film of the same name. This play is showing at the Stanley Park theatre on West 12th. I believe that the play has the same story line as the film but the play definitely makes fun of it more. This story is known as a thriller but the play is shown more as a comedy. The story is about Richard Hannay who travels from England to Scotland to unravel the secret of the 39 Steps.
I wasn't very excited to see it at first because I thought it was going to be a thriller and I don't like thrillers. Anyways my Dad told me it wasn't a thriller and that it was a comedy. This play is done very well with only a cast of four people. They had one man play the main character, Richard Hannay; they had two other men who played numerous characters that either aided Hannay's quest or were the antagonists; and there was one women who played numerous love interests to Richard Hannay. It was usually the two men who made things more comical most often by teasing Hannay. I would definitely recommend that everyone see this play, it is really well done and very funny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment